like baby fashion, music for baby doesn't have to be offensive to parents. when henry was first born, and i was spending all night nursing and rocking, i loaded up an itunes playlist with all the mellowest music i had and put it on shuffle and it totally did the trick.
i put together this playlist for any parents out there looking for some tunes to help relax you and baby during your night time routine. i usually start this playlist right around bath time. oh, and make sure to sing along--babies love that!
download coos + ahhs nite nite mix
1. cradle, the living sisters
2. m'bifé, amadou & miriam
3. resurrection fern, iron & wine
4. ease down the road, bonnie prince billy
5. sailing home, karen 0 and the kids
6. tears in the typing pool, broadcast
7. famous blue raincoat, leonard cohen
8. didn't leave nobody but the baby, allison krauss
9. flightless bird, american mout
10. way of the sun, archer prewitt
11. a thousand kisses deep, leonard cohen
12. heartbeats, jose gonzales
13. ballena, malas amistades
14. 2 mars, musette
15. written on the sky, max richter
the download is only available for a week--so if you come across this late, let me know, and I will upload my playlist again.
*next i will post my playtime mix