you wouldn't believe by the weather in new york, but spring is on the horizon! that means all those baby bumps that have been getting by under big sweaters and coats now have to see the light of day.
some tips for dressing your bump:
- try to avoid maternity clothes. they are usually hideous and/or expensive. i got by on larger sizes and peasant/baby doll styles from cheap chain stores like h&m and forever21, during my whole pregnancy--and i am not a small girl.
- i do, however, highly recommend getting one pair of maternity jeans you love--i like paige denim--and a maternity swimsuit.
- invest in some accessories to jazz up basic pieces (american apparel dresses and tunics). a necklace will fit forever!
- remember that your big belly will make your arms and legs looks small no matter what, so work it!
- lastly, don't give-up! you can be stylish and comfortable while you are pregnant.
dressing up for work, a summer wedding: 1. slouchy button front dress, top shop maternity 2. usekh necklace, anthropologie 3. geren ford box pleat gown 4. twisted waterfall metal drop earrings, top shop 5. peep toe heels, swedish hasbeens 6. sunglasses 7. openwork sandals, a.p.c. 8. punch out detail lady bag, topshop
causal looks for weekend shopping or mocktails with the girls: 9. tunic, monki 10. grey line shirt, anthropologie 11. ballerina hepburn, swedish hasbeens 12. randi maternity, james jeans 13. ikat scarf, forever 21